The Museum and Cafe will be closed on Friday 14th December due to a power outage. We are open, 1000 – 1600 from 17th – 21st December but will then close for Christmas Saturday 22nd December until Wednesday 2nd January 2019. We wish all our visitors, volunteers, supporters and staff a Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.
We are open Monday to Friday but closed at weekends until February half-term.
A glimpse into military communications
From laying line, through to advanced, secure satellite, cyber and more
A great family day out! The Royal Signals Museum tells the exciting story of military communications and information from the Crimean War to the present day.
Winter opening hours Monday to Friday 10am – 4pm. Closed weekends – see below.
- Interactive history, science and technology of communications
- The crucial role played by The Royal Signals in the 21st Century Army
- Women at War exhibition
- Willy’s Jeep
- Monty’s Command vehicle
- Medals and honours earned by Signallers
- White Helmets bikes and memorabilia
- Transmit your own message in morse code
- Create a radio relay
- Experience life in an Afghanistan Compound
- Dine in the NAAFI Cafe alongside soldiers
- The vital Royal Signals ‘first in to battle, last out’ role
- The importance of communications – past, present and future
- What it takes to operate in war and in peace
So much to see and do…
Museum floor plan.
Plan your day in advance – Download your own copy of the Museum Floor Plan here
Plan ahead…Top tips
- Click here to view the interactive floor plan..
- To find out more about the current displays, see Exhibitions
- For interactive ideas, with a focus on a younger audience see Prepare for action
- To find out more about The Royal Corps of Signals, see History & heritage
Royal Signals Museum, Blandford Camp, Dorset DT11 8RH
Mon – Fri 10am – 5pm (last entry 4pm) – Closed 22 Dec – 2 Jan
Sat – Sun Closed until February half-term.
Open weekends – February half-term to the last weekend in October.
Adult and youth groups welcome see Group visits
A valid photo ID (passport/driving licence/MoD90) is required by all adults 16+ for admission to the museum, no exceptions. Please contact the Museum ahead of any planned visit if you cannot provide photo ID for all adults.
We’re happy to help Explore more – maps, admission charges, disabled access, facilities…
Dr Jeff H
A World Class Museum on a Historic Military Base.