Make a donation. The Museum is happy to accept financial donations as well as objects, medals, equipment, documents, books and manuals.
We are open seven days a week throughout Spring and Summer.
Giving the public a glimpse into military communications past and present
Dr Jeff H
A World Class Museum on a Historic Military Base.
Royal Signals Museum, Blandford Camp, Dorset DT11 8RH
Mon – Fri 10am – 5pm (last entry 4pm)
Sat – Sun 10am – 4 pm (Last entry 3pm)
Open 7 days a week until Oct 28 2018.
Closed weekends Nov 3 2018 – 15 Feb 2019.
Adult and youth groups welcome see Group visits
A valid photo ID (passport/driving licence/MoD90) is required by all adults 16+ for admission to the museum, no exceptions. Please contact the Museum ahead of any planned visit if you cannot provide photo ID for all adults.
We’re happy to help Explore more – maps, admission charges, disabled access, facilities…
Explore the work of The Corps, The Museum and Communications
- Interactive history, science and techology of communications
- The crucial role played by The Royal Signals in the 21st Century Army
Intrigue, excitement, adventure
- Women at War exhibition
- Willy’s Jeep. Monty’s Command vehicle
- Medals and honours earned by Signallers
- White Helmets bikes and memorabilia
- Transmit your own message in morse code
- Create a radio relay
- Experience life in an Afghanistan Compound
- Dine in the NAAFI Cafe alongside soldiers
- Royal Signals vital ‘first in to battle, last out’ role
- The importance of communications – past, present and future
- What it takes to operate in war and in peace
Royal Signals – Leaders in a Digital Age
The staff on the gate and in the museum were so helpful to everyone they came in contact with.. Remember to take photo ID with you or your not getting in!