Head of Story Telling
Based in Blandford
The Museum is seeking a Head of Story Telling to work closely with the Head of Research. They will produce a catalogue of the stories identified in the Archive, identify gaps in the overall story and seek to fill them with interviews and research. These interviews and research are likely to be carried out by volunteers but under the direction of the post-holder.
Once stories have been gathered the post-holder will be expected to share them in ways that will inspire members of the Corps and the general public.
If you are
- An excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to communicate well orally, on social media platforms and in writing.
- A strong networker with good relationship management skills.
- Persuasive with an ability to understand the mindset of, and to communicate with, soldiers and officers who are younger than 30.
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Willing to drive to visit units once or twice a month using own vehicle.
- Strong interviewing/journalistic skills, an appreciation, at a basic level, of the complexities of and the technologies incorporated in modern military communications systems.
- Understanding of, or the potential to understand, the modern British Army.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Good IT skills.
- Experience of recruiting, training, tasking and supervising volunteers.
- Understanding of restrictions imposed by legislation relating to the Official Secrets Acts, data protection, intellectual property and copyright.
The museum needs you!
Hours 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) with some evening and week-end work and some overnight stays at units.
Salary £30,000-£34,000 per year depending on experience.
Pension Eligible for the Workplace Pension Scheme.
Holiday 30 days per year excluding Bank and Public Holidays.
Location Blandford Camp, Dorset.
The Royal Signals Museum follows a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, nationality or disabilities.
How to apply
Before applying please download the PDF which contains full details of the vacancy Click here for Job Description PDF
CV and covering letter please e-mail a CV (2 pages maximum) detailing your relevant experience and qualifications with a covering letter (2 pages maximum) explaining your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 5.00 pm on 30 November 2021.
Interviews – these are expected to take place in December 2021.
References will be taken up before the confirmation of an appointment.